How to create a new user in Reltio?
Note: This self-service activity can be performed by a user only if they have ROLE_ADMIN_CUSTOMER role assigned to them.
Create a new user account, add roles, assign tenants, and add users to a group.
An Account is a user's unique profile that represents an individual in Reltio Cloud. The User Account determines whether or not the user can log into a Reltio UI or make API calls to Reltio products.
Click the Create New button at the top of the Users page. When no user account exists, the Users page displays the Create New User button at the center of the page as well.
Adding the New User Account Details
- Click the button on the Users page. The Create new user page appears.
- Enter the Email address and User name for the user account.
As you begin typing the email address, the system auto-populates the User name based on the first part of the mail ID. You can modify the user name, if required.
- Optionally, select the Locale and Time Zone from the drop-down lists.
User accounts are always created as Active, by default. If you want to set the Status of the new user account that you are creating as Inactive, turn off the Status switch.
Now that the user account is created, there are several ways in which you can go about providing the required access.
- You could directly associate the user account with a Group that provides the required roles and tenant access.
- Alternatively, you could select the roles and tenants and make these assignments individually for each user account.
Selecting a Role
Before you select an existing role and assign a tenant for the specific role, check if the user account can be associated with a Group that contains the same set of role and tenant combination that you want to provide.
- Click the icon in the Roles section. The Roles dialog box appears.
- Select the roles that you want to assign.
Note: You can select multiple roles at one go. Also, if you know the name of the role that you would like to grant to the user, you can click Search roles and enter the role name.
- Click ADD. All the selected roles are displayed in individual rows on the Create new user page.
Note: If the role that you would like to assign does not exist, use the Roles page to create a new role with the desired permissions. For more information, see Creating a new Role.
You can add Tenants and Groups now or click SAVE to complete the user account creation process and add other details later.
Assigning a Tenant for the Selected Role
- Click the icon in the Tenant section. The Tenant dialog box appears.
- Select the tenants that you want to assign.
Note: You can select multiple tenants at one go. Also, if you know the name of the tenant that you would like to grant to the user, you can click Search tenants and enter the tenant name.
- Click ADD. All the selected tenants are displayed against the selected role.
You can associate the Groups with the user account, or click SAVE to complete the user account creation and add Groups later.
Associating the User Account to a Group
Groups provide the convenience of assigning roles and tenant access to multiple user accounts with just a few clicks.
- On the Create new user page, click the Groups tab. Click the icon in the Groups section. The Groups dialog box appears.
- Select the groups that you want to associate with the user account.
Note: You can select multiple groups at one go. Also, if you know the name of the groups that you would like to grant to the user, you can click Search groups and enter the group name.
- Click ADD. All the selected groups are displayed in the Groups tab.
Note: If the group that you would like to assign doesn't exist, use the Groups page to create a new group with the desired combination of roles and tenants access. For more information, see Creating a New Group.
Click SAVE to complete the user account creation. The new user account is listed in the Users page.
In addition, an email is sent to the user account to change/set the password.
Additional information & References
Please sign in to leave a comment.